I <3 this LOL!
I <3 this LOL!
Today was Red Nose Day in the UK where people raise money for charity & do funny things. So far, Â£74 million has been raised for charity & the total keeps growing. It’s amazing how one day a year can raise so much for a good cause!
Did you do something funny for money?
Last month I was asked if I wanted to review some underwear from Panty By Post & me being a girl said “why of course!”. I am extremely fussy when it comes to undies, it may because I have super huge watermelon boobies & a ghetto ass but I will NEVER buy underwear without trying it on therefore online shopping is a huge no-no. I guess that is one of the things that I was a little hesitant on when I was sent information on Panty By Post. The fact it IS an online shop for panties & you have to guesstimate the correct sizing for you based on the details given (the sizings are in US so trying to convert to UK/EU sizing was a little tricky).
Panty By Post started in Paris in August 2008 and is based in Vancouver, Canada. Owner and founder Natalie Grunberg has always been inspired by the French and itâ€™s no surprise that sheâ€™s built up a company that has distinguished itself as a unique brand with a very French twist. Customers subscribe to the service from all over the world, with the biggest following in Canada, the USA, and France. Our mission at PBP is the spread the pleasure of French lingerie all over the world and with each pretty package, send a message of love and joie de vie (enjoyment of life)!
The way Panty By Post works is via a subscription based service with customers from all over the world, the biggest following being in Canada, the USA, and France. Placing an order with Panty By Post is really simple and within the Signature Line, they have different styles catering for all sizes (men too! not panties though, boxers!). You can order a one off Panty for $30 (or sent 2 for $40!) or subscribe to one of the order options which are either 3, 6 or 12 months, where you will be sent panties in the post monthly.
A week or so went by & I forgot all about the upcoming review when I was delivered a package in the post. I instantly new it was from Panty By Post because it was written all over it (the red face on the mail mans face was also a give away!). I opened the package & loved the way my chosen design was package so delicately & was scared to rip the paper open! One thing for sure is, I loved the packaging!
When I saw the chosen pair I was sent, I was instantly struck by an amazing blue color which stood out against the black & A LOT of frill. One thing I am not is a frilly girl but they did look extremely pretty! I tried them on & they turned out to be a tad bit too big for me. My fault though as I guesstimated my US sizing & failed. Miserably. They are super comfy but the frills did put me off a little. I’m honestly not sure I would wear them on a day to day basis, maybe keep them for a special occasion. With anything though, it is all down to personal preference. If they had less frills I would have loved them & worn them all the time (washing them of course!).
For some reason, every time I have a day off from work, I want to bake. It might be because I have a crazy stressful job & baking to me is a stress relief, not just a hobby. Every time I bake, I bake tons then give a batch to my next door neighbours & then the guys I work with. The other day I was requested to bring in some goodies as it’s been a while since I have. So, I decided to try something new…. Oreo Truffles & Banana Muffins. The result? AMAZING! I posted photos on twitter during the baking process & nearly everyone is asking for the recipe so I thought that I should get my butt into action & blog them ASAP! I hope that you all enjoy them & make them for yourself, if you do, let me know how you got on 😀
2 packs of Oreo Cookies (Morrisons in the UK are currently doing a deal on them, 49p instead of 99p, bonus!)
1 tub of Cream Cheese
300g White Chocolate, Melted
1. Crush Oreo’s using either a rolling pin or a mini food processor (I did, much easier plus I’m lazy!) and stir in softened cream cheese. Mix together well. Try & resist sticking your finger into the mixture. It’s addictive!
2. Roll the mixture into small balls with your hands (Warning! It’s messy!) and place on a baking tray which has wax paper on it to prevent sticking. Pop into the fridge for around 10-15 mins to set a little bit.
3. Melt chocolate in the microwave until melted (be careful it doesn’t burn!) and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and place on the baking tray. I then used some crushed Oreo’s to sprinkle on top.
4. Leave to set & then pop into the fridge. Quick, Easy & To Die For!
230g All-Purpose Flour
150g Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
115g Unsalted Butter, melted
3 Ripe Large Bananas, mashed well
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line a 12 muffin baking tray with muffin cases.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nuts.
3. In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. With a wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky. Do not over mix the batter, over mixing the batter making the muffins rubbery!
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Bake for around 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for five minutes and then remove muffins from the Baking Tray. This makes approx 12 muffins.
So there I was, sitting on the sofa channel surfing & I came across Doggy Dentures & I’m like “Why ain’t my teef as purty?! Maybe that is why I’m a bachelor & Molly the Doggy next door doesn’t want to come over to share my Spaghetti Meatballs!”
& I had an idea! Why not get some new pearly whites to boost my already flawless good looks, that way the ladies will be following me every where I go (that Lynx stuff put them off!), so I took the plunge & now I am irresistible… oui?
Toodles, Doggy Dog