When I’m tired and hungry, I’m a lazy. Sure, I’d love to just pick up the phone and get food delivered but it takes at least 45 minutes to get something delivered to my house, the joys of living in suburban wilderness.
So who said Jamie Oliver had to be the only one to come up with 30 Minute Meals? It’s that simple anyone could cook it and tastes wonderful. Great for those lazy nights!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup of flour with chilli flakes
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Oil for shallow frying
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 finely sliced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp (extra) virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch of salt (to taste)
- Fry the garlic and chilli flakes in a pan until golden and add the tomatoes, bringing to a simmer. Using a masher, mash the tomatoes smaller to suit your own taste. Add sugar and reduce on a lower heat for approx 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- While the sauce is simmering away, put on your pasta. I used spaghetti, but you can substitute with whatever you have in the cupboard. I'm pretty sure I don't need to tell you how to actually cook pasta, do I?
- The sauce and pasta should be bubbling away and you should start the chicken. Grab a rolling pin and bash the chicken a little to flatten it. In a frying pan, put enough oil in the bottom of the pan to shallow fry.
- Dust the breasts in the flour mix, dip in beaten egg, then cover in the breadcrumbs, ensuring that they are covered. Fry for 10/15 minutes until cooked on both side. Make sure they don't burn by flipping over regularly.
- Once the chicken has cooked, check to see if your pasta is ready. Drain your pasta and add the sauce to the pasta, stirring until coated then plate up.