Sometimes when I come home from work, I have no idea what I want for dinner but what I do know is that I want to try something “different”, quick & easy to prepare. One night, I had cravings for Steak and Nachos so I picked up some Steaks on my way home from work and randomly created this concoction in my head which would fix all my cravings at once… Steak Flatbread with Nachos. YUM!
- 2 Sirloin Steaks
- 2 Ready Made Flatbreads (Soft Shelled Tacos or Pita Breads to substitute)
- 1 tablespoon Simply Add Chilli Extreme
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Mayo (add Mayo and some finely chopped Garlic)
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1 jalapeño, diced small
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Tortilla Chips
- Handful of Grated Cheese
- Handful of Sliced Jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon ready made Salsa
- Marinade steak in the Simply Add Chilli Extreme Sauce then fry until how you like them cooked. I always make my Steaks Medium/Medium-Rare which take approx 2/3 mins on each side.
- For the Pico De Gallo, combine all ingredients & let stand 5 minutes
- For the Nachos, layers the ingredients and pop under the grill until the cheese is melted
- To prep the flatbreads, spread Garlic Mayo onto the Flatbread. Once the steak has been cooked, slice it into pieces and add into the Flatbread. Add a tablespoon of the Pico De Gallo Salsa on top.
- Serve with Guacamole on the side & Enjoy!