Tech

#ProjectRevamp

Phew! It’s finally finished. If I have to look at another piece of PHP or CSS coding in the near future, I shall scream (or poke my eyes out).

It’s been a VERY long time coming for this revamp. In fact, I think I had my old theme for a good 3/4 years (albeit with constant tweaks!) and even though it was pretty, I always wanted something MORE.

This is MORE. It’s more minimal than my old theme, more grown up, easier to navigate, more quicker & more me. It also has lots of snazzy features which I’ll highlight in the coming days :)

This time around I didn’t fully hand code the theme. I used a premade theme by Boost Developers & heavily (and I mean HEAVILY) hacked it to pieces to become what you see in front of you. I love it & I hope you do too!

I started blogging in 1999 but it wasn’t until 2003 that Ananyah was born. Yes, my website is 10 years old this year. That is why I thought it was time for a complete overhaul!

Over the 10 years: I’ve been hacked, deleted years of posts in a rage, quit for a few months, had a hate website created about me, became popular (& not so), met fellow bloggers, my identity was outed to my family & I carved a direction for myself.

Gone were the truly personal blog posts that sometimes I wish I could still write & hello to lifestyle blog posts which now define me as a person. I am my blog. My blog is me. It’s been a huge part of my life for 10 years & I do not see that changing anytime soon.

Let me know what you think!

last year's girl
    April 16, 2013 at 9:21 am

Hope I’ve put my bits in the right boxes – not sure if the comment form is showing up properly (using Chrome on Windows – am at work).

Other than that, I love it! I’m yet to find the perfect theme which will present my blog in a “magazine” style, highlighting the different types of content I create for different audiences. I might be studying this in some detail…

xx

April 16, 2013 at 4:31 pm

you did! I forgot to disable that plugin LOL it’s been a pain in the butt!

It’s taken me so so long to find a base theme that I liked enough to hack to pieces. I’m finally happy! easier to filter the content so those who don’t want to read all about food, don’t need to lol :)

Jacqui
    April 16, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Loving what you did with it but needs a bit of tweaks the comment form isn’t that great here on Chrome.

Jacqui
      April 16, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Okay never mind it seems to be fixed now :D

April 17, 2013 at 6:12 pm

LOL yeah I removed the plugin. It was causing issues :D Still tweaking away!

Fraser Boag
    April 23, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Your blog is looking absolutely fantastic. Super slick and professional but still has personality, not an easy thing to do. I really like alienWP’s core themes to hack to pieces as you described, it’s what I used for GOG, although that was a bit of a rush job so I’m not yet as happy with it as hopefully I one day will be. But content is king! :D

By the way, one small suggestion – you have this lovely bespoke website, but your favicon.ico is still default wordpress! I know not many people would notice/care, but it’s easy to rectify and a nice detail! :)

April 23, 2013 at 8:24 pm

thanks so much for your comment :D I love your site too! I set up the .ico at the same time as launch but it doesn’t seem to have “added” itself. need to do some more coding lol