This is currently one of my favourite things to make, it’s great if you are not in the mood to cook something that takes a long time to prepare & make. This can be done in under 30 minutes & tastes to die for! I have tried the recipe using Chicken as well & tastes just as great! *drools*
For the beef
• 4 sirloin or frying steaks
• 2 cloves garlic crushed
• 2 tbsp chopped ginger
• 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 2 tbsp rice vinegar
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp ground pepper
For the sauce
• 4 tbsp vegetable oil
• 200g French Beans
• 1 Red Pepper Sliced
• 1 Large Red Chilli
• 1 tbsp Dried Chilli Flakes
• 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 200ml hot water with Vegetable Stock Cube
• 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with a little water
1. Cut the steak into strips into a mixing bowl. Mix the crushed garlic with the five spice powder, soy sauce, wine and seasoning. Pour over the beef and set aside for a while.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok, add the beef along with its marinade and stir fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until just cooked.
4. Tip in the French Beans & Peppers and stir fry for another minute before adding the chillies, soy sauce and rice wine. Stir briskly for another 30 seconds or so.
5. Pour in the hot water with stock cube and bring the sauce to the boil.
6. Add the cornflour and water mixture to the pan while still over the heat. Bring to a simmer and stir until thickened.
7. Add in a packet of Fresh Egg Noodles, approx 200g & mix throughly with the beef for another 2 minutes & serve. You could alternatively serve with rice instead.