Picnic in Versailles

On Thursday, it was a local holiday therefore since baba was off work, we decided to head to Versailles and have a picnic by the bank of the Grand Canal before dragging my parents around the château. It was so busy, full of families, friends and tourists all sitting having picnics, dipping their feet in the canal as well as cyclists and those who hired rowing boats up and down the canal. We made our own little sandwiches, baguettes of course, and sat munching and taking photos of my surroundings, as well as my dad snoring & me lying on my dad’s legs :P

All in all, we spent nearly 7 hours in Versailles and I loved the place. Will post more about the château tomorrow as I have over 100 pictures that I need to choose from lol. I’ll leave you now with some picnic photos :D

May 9, 2008 at 11:52 pm

Thats freaking beautiful, seriously amazing! :)

May 9, 2008 at 11:55 pm

I absolutely love, love, love the pictures you’ve been taking lately! :)

May 10, 2008 at 12:01 am

@Marzouq – I agree, it’s a really beautiful place, so serene and peaceful!

@Sou – aww thank you cupcake!

Angelo
    May 10, 2008 at 5:38 am

*faints*

Next time, you should take me with you :P

BTW, I just wrote a a small piece regarding the French. I’d really appreciate your comment and thoughts regarding what I wrote, especially since you are definitely more experienced regarding the subject than I am.

mishref
    May 10, 2008 at 10:57 am

Now you have to have a page for tips and tricks in DSLR shooting on your blog. You just have to.

Lavender©
    May 10, 2008 at 11:13 am

I am truly in the WRONG bloody country!!! Babe… why would u even wanna live in the Gilf when u can have all that!!!???? Get a job in Paris!!! lol.. XOXO

nannOo
    May 10, 2008 at 2:25 pm

LOLz lovely /funny/beautiful pics .. in the sleepy pic there is a cute little girl waaay in the back looks really cute .. and ur pic is absolutely beautiful .. thnx for sharing
    I’m happy u’re havinh nice time :)

N.
    May 10, 2008 at 4:57 pm

Gorgeous! Really beautiful! :D Good that you had such a great time! It is packed, everyone seems to be having fun hehe thats something we don’t see around here much :D

:::ShoSho:::
    May 10, 2008 at 4:59 pm

Waw lovely pictures! I especially love your pic and the one above it!

Shaymaa
    May 10, 2008 at 9:17 pm

WOW! Beautiful!! Splendid!

May 10, 2008 at 9:53 pm

@Angelo – done :D

@mishref – haha I’ll try but I don’t use a DSLR, I use Sony DSC-W200.

@nannOo – yah the girl was near us, it was so cute :D Thank you so much, and I am having a great time. Sadly I’m going back tomrrow.

@N. – Yah it was a local holiday and really sunny, so everyone goes for a picnic and to relax. It was a beautiful place.

@:::ShoSho::: – thank you :D

@Shaymaa – I agree!

Dreamy
    May 11, 2008 at 4:46 am

so cute ..

I luved the sceneries <3

keep them coming~

Versailles » Meme time
    June 12, 2008 at 4:47 pm

[…] Picnic in VersaillesOn Thursday, it was a local holiday therefore since baba was off work, we decided to head to Versailles and have a picnic by the bank of the Grand Canal before dragging my parents around the château. It was so busy, full of families, … […]

Versailles » RE: Trains from CD airport and to Versailles