Christmas Aftermath

Christmas 2006 is officially over :cry: I’ve had my turkey rations for the year… I pigged out beyond belief and I got tons of gifts and am still expecting some more from my parents :hehe: I got 3 camera lenses and filters from my daddy along with a new external hard drive that I wanted, a printer from juju, money from my grandfather, clothes and perfume from mama, chocolate from my mom’s youngest sister, and nothing from my brother :mad: I’m recieving Sou’s gift tomorrow from Amazon :D

So I woke up at 11am, gave my grandfather his gifts and said Merry Christmas. My daddy then called and spoke for ages, the passed the phone to my mom who said the usual Christmas greetings. My mom’s sister in who lives in London then called to wish my grandfather a Merry Christmas, then my cousins called… and so on until the entire family called lol

After my grandfather unwrapped all his gifts, it was time for little Chewy to open his gifts since it was his 1st ever Christmas. Doggy Claus was good to him, he got a santa football, and 3 packets of different doggy chews to eat. He was one lucky puppy and spent the whole day playing with his new toy and munching on 6 of the chews! He was just as greedy as the rest of us :lmao:

My brother came over around 1pm and I started preparing everything to cook for Christmas Lunch while he unwrapped his gifts from my grandfather and me. Turkey, Roast Potatoes, Vegetables, Stuffing, Prawns, Salmon… were all ready to start eating at 5pm. I even took photos for you all :yum:

After eating all that food, I decided to walk it off and take Chewy for a walk, so I wrapped up in my funky coloured gloves and scarf since it was freezing *shiver*

By the time I came back 30 mins later, I was shivering like an ice cube, so I changed into my funky kiddy PJ’s with teddy bears and sparkley stars, and spent the rest of the night chatting on MSN with the Twirls and watching some boring Christmas TV

All in all it was a good Christmas, but it was my first christmas without my parents so it was pretty quiet! My daddy is coming over on Friday for the night, then coming back on New Years Eve with mama so at least we’ll be celebrating New Year together and plus I’ll get more gifts, more smaller things like perfume etc then on New Years Day, its a family (and Scottish) tradition to eat a huge dinner again, the same dish every year – Steak Pie, which is pretty yummy :yum:

Then to make things even better, I’m moving into my new shiny apartment the very same week :dance:

So, that was my Christmas… how was yours?

Amorelicious
    December 26, 2006 at 8:51 pm

Wow! Looks like a gorgeous christmas get-together! [eeeek] your puppy is so cute!!! Can I get a replica from Toys’R’Us? What’s his breed anyway? Maybe I can order one online ;p

What are the exact dishes you cook for Christmas? Or does it evolve depending on BBC Food’s latest protege chef ;p The food here is so delectable. Can you PLZ post the recipes??? Wanna prepare them in the scorching Middle East :)

Eid is a few days away… it’s such a beautiful coincidence with christmas, new year’s, african water festivals, etc. Finally humanity comes together in peace & tolerance to celebrate life. I just love it :)

December 26, 2006 at 9:06 pm

hehehe Amore, you cant get him from Toys’R’Us hehehe he is adorable tho :P

The recipes:

I cooked, Roast Turkey, which is basically turkey put in the oven for 2 hrs along with olive oil drizzled on top to make it crispy

Then sides were Roasted Carrots, Parsnip, Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Califlower in a huge dish with a little Olive Oil on the bottom, I put them in the oven for 30 mins, then drizzled some honey on top for a further 30 mins… it makes them sweet and yummy! Then before serving you add some herbs as a garnish.

Roasted Potatoes, were just potatoes with oil brushed on them and put in the oven for 35 mins :)

Salmon Salad was Smoked Salmon cut into strips on a bed of crunchy salad and baby tomatoes drizzled with balsamic vinegar and a piece of lemon on the side. Along with tiny slices of French bread and cream cheese.

Shrimp Salad was 5 shrimps which were boiled in a frying pan with a cup of water for 5 mins on a bed of crunchy salad, with a piece of lemon on the side and a tiny bowl of thousand island dressing which I made with Ketchup, Mayo and Hot Sauce mixed together.

The fresh fruit trifle (family tradition) is made with grapes, pineapple, pear and cherries chopped up with some sponge pieces. Then strawberry jelly on top, put into the fridge for 3 hrs to set, then make custard up (I used custard powder and mixed with milk and heated til ready), then added onto of the jelly and put into the fridge for another 2 hours. Then lastly, you get double cream and mix it with a whisk until thick and you spread it on top and you put it in the fridge for 2 hours until set. Before serving you add chocolate sprinkles :D It’s my favourite dessert EVER!

My mom taught me to cook it all since I was a kid, I’ve never tried out any of the recipes on BBC Food hehehe

Hope you have a wonderful Eid sweety :love:

December 26, 2006 at 9:15 pm

Yummmy That’s why you’re my woman hehe once you come to Kuwait you better cook me a turkey dinner and some prawns :s And pasta and much much more! Seee you can make me fall in love with you by cooking me my favorite foods ;P

Hehehehe but yaaay! And you know who gave you your first Xmas present right :P MOI! :P

December 26, 2006 at 9:26 pm

hehehhehe I aim to please ;)

Maze
    December 27, 2006 at 3:38 am

U got nothing from your brother???…how can he do that! If i had a sister like you i would get you a gift for every occasion…its seems he’s a bit spoiled…anyway glad to enjoyed ur christmas…

December 27, 2006 at 3:56 am

my brother never gets me anything cause he’s a broke ass idiot lol he even asked me for money yesterday to put gas in his car which my mom bought him grrrrrrr :mad:

Fonzy
    December 27, 2006 at 5:33 am

looks like u had a great x-mas:) the food looks great, the gifts are exactly u, and the spirit is there; other than ur parents missing, i glad u had all u wanted and more is on the way :)

how did we spend x-mas? no x-mas here. i hung out with my christian neighbor chit chatting and hanging out. nothing special.

merry x-mas!! :)

December 27, 2006 at 6:27 am

Im happy you enjoyed your christmas girl! And hamdila you enjoyed your family! :)

I just opened up this page at work and the food made me hungry as hell!!!!! hehehehee

December 27, 2006 at 11:33 am

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!

You had such a nice Christmas!! Cute! :)

I’m glad that you had a great Christmas and a great year!

Chewy seems to have enjoyed it too! haha

Maze
    December 27, 2006 at 8:04 pm

Ur bro is spolied girl..u’d better let him depend on himself..

Julee
    December 28, 2006 at 8:24 am

Merry “belated” Christmas and a happy new year! :)

December 28, 2006 at 1:47 pm